Some of the links provided under sources feature pictures that are highly disturbing, so be careful where you click.
- 5,000: western civilians that were killed by terrorist attacks in western countries (source).
- USD 100,000,000,000 (100 billion!): annual cost of military operations in Iraq spent by the US government (source)
- USD 3,000 billion: estimated total cost of the Iraq war (estimate by noble prize winner Joseph Stieglitz, source)
- USD 5 billion: annual spendings for the economic restoration of Iraq spent by the US government (source)
- 290,000: civilians killed by the Iraqi government during Saddam Hussein’s reign (estimate: Human’s Right Watch)
- 600,000: number of civilian casualties of the Iraq war, 31% of which were killed by the occupying forces, 24% by religiously motivated attacks (e.g. suicide bombers), 45% unknown (the high number of casualties who were killed by bullets leads to the assumption that the deaths were a direct result of occupying forces actions) (estimate: The Lancet, an independent medical journal)
- There are more than 100 military skirmishes involving resistance fighters in Iraq, resistance against a hostile occupying force is legal according to public international law!
- The number of suicide attacks in Iraq is less than 3 a day. 80 – 90% of the suicide bombers are not Iraqis.
www.warumtoetestduzaid.de (site is in German)